Personal development is the process of achieving and expanding your full potential.
I’ve created a collection of some of the most empowering personal development quotes of all time.
The gang’s all here … Buddha, Covey, Emerson, Gandhi, Robbins, Ziglar, and more. It’s a cornucopia of personal development wisdom at your finger tips.
You are your best investment.
After all, you take you with you wherever you go. Whether you are growing greater at your strengths, reducing your liabilities, or expanding what you are capable of, personal development is a path.
It’s a path of personal greatness, and a way to be YOUR best.
Expand What You’re Capable Of
What are the key patterns we see when we look across these personal development quotes?
Personal development is a journey, not a destination.
Dream big, develop yourself, unleash your potential, play well with others, play to your strengths, enjoy the process, share your unique gifts with the world, and grow your greatness by testing yourself, expanding yourself, learning and improving.
Personal Development Hot Spots
I’ve organized the personal development quotes into some key themes: Character, Effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, Empowerment, Influence and Impact, Learning and Growth, Productivity, Self-Awareness, Strengths, and Thinking. There are lots of ways to slice and dice it, but I found this set to be particularly effective for both filtering and synthesizing personal development quotes.
One of the best ways to use this collection is to find three quotes you can use that either inspire you or empower you in some new way.
Top 10 Personal Development Quotes
- “Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” — Bruce Lee
- “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” — Viktor Frankl
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “The only journey is the journey within.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
- “They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
- “We must become the change we want to see.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” — Will Durant
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
- “What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” — Napoleon Hill