I’ve compiled a list of some of the best motivational quotes for the new year so you can start the year by taking control of your thoughts, thinking positively and setting new goals.
Here are my favorite inspirational quotes about life:
1) “The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place on earth – and a multibillion-dollar empire.
2) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
When it comes to success quotes by famous people, Winston Churchill’s inspirational words of wisdom always make the list.
3) “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Will Rogers was an American actor, cowboy, columnist and social commentator who believed in keeping forward momentum.
4) “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Unknown
When you replace ‘lose’ with ‘learn’ in your vocabulary, the thought of failure becomes less daunting and lets you focus on growth.
5) “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Inspirational Quote by Vince Lombardi
Vince Lombardi was an American football hero who’s uplifting words frequently make it onto Top 10 Inspirational Quotes lists.
6) “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs truly captured some of the wisdom of life in this statement. Do that which you are passionate about and your work will feel effortless.
7) “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
I believe this is one of the best quotes to live by because it reminds me to think without limits and never doubt my wildest thoughts.
8) “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
There’s a special place in my heart for these inspirational words. They remind me of my unwavering determination to become a motivational speaker.
9) “Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic entrepreneur.” – Mohnish Pabrai
This line always puts a smile on my face because it alludes to the excitement of not knowing what to expect but seeing a possible life-changing outcome.
10) “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was one of the top civil rights activists and embraced a spirit of positive thinking and sheer determination.